My Life Quote:


"If you just dream your dreams, they'll never come true." ~Takanori Nishikawa

2011年12月4日日曜日

THANKSGIVING + BLACK FRIDAY

Yo say kittens!


How have you been???


Worried, probably. I would be too if my King Kitty disappeared out of the blue after writing a Thanksgiving greeting blog.



I know I disappeared on you. However, I'm very sorry for doing so. I've just been extremely busy lately. I recently got the news about my invoice payment and my visa. I have been working so hard on getting all of my things together and also working on my new album and all sorts of other small projects.


Now, I must ask you all a question.

How was your Thanksgiving holiday or Labor Thanksgiving Day (Japan)!?!?


I hope it was kitteny good, due to the simple fact that mine was ultra kitteny and I would want no less for my kittenz. We began cooking the night before Thanksgiving by baking a pumpkin and a pecan pie and making French bread stuffing, cooking rice, and cleaning out, stuffing, and putting the turkey in the oven. I love waking up the morning of Thanksgiving to watch the parade with the smell of baking turkey throughout the house.

Here is a picture of me with my special goblet on Thanksgiving afternoon:


We cooked a great deal of food, as we do each and every year.


First, we have baked turkey with turkey gravy and French bread stuffing. Then we maked homemade mashed potatoes, white buttery rice, and sweet corn. We also baked homemade yeasty dinner rolls, homemade candied yams with cinnamon and nutmeg on top, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and cole slaw. Additionally, we bought two kinds of cranberry sauce and sweet midget pickles.


For beverages, we had water and coffee. Usually we have something like sparkling apple cider or white grape juice, but this year, after my bout of asparitic sinusitis, we chose it would be best for me to avoid fruit for a while.

I helped set up the table and serve the food, as well as peel potatoes and sweet potatoes, taste gravy, and cut cranberry, etc. Here is a picture of the finished table with all of the food set on it:


I ended up eating a LOT! My plate consisted of a whole turkey leg, cran-raspberry sauce, corn, mashed potatoes & rice, gravy, stuffing, a roll, and sweet potatoes. I was too full to eat any pie, so I just decided to have it another day. 

After eating, we cleaned up the kitchen and went and layed down for awhile. My mom and I watched Lady Gaga's Thanksgiving special then got up and got ready to go Black Friday shopping at midnight.

We left our house around 23:45 and arrived at the store around 0:15. There was hardly any traffic on the roads at first, but then when we hit the city it seemed as though everyone was out for Black Friday. We were only able to go to one store, but we managed to buy quite a few things and save a great deal of money.


I found that shirt and it says "Over Achiever" on the back. I also purchased a gray mock neck, a gray and silver striped cardigan, an ivory sweater, gray skinny jeans, and a Christmas shirt for this holiday season.

I took the picture of me trying the shirt on HAHA I thought it looked really good on me. (The pants I'm wearing are 8 years old XD I bought them when I was in elementary school.)


Before we checked out with our stuff, we had to wait for 30 minutes in a really long line. We were getting a little tired at that point so my mom went out and got us two coffees to drink while we stood in line. After drinking the coffee, I was pumped up from caffeine and anything but tired. We did not arrive home until around 4:00 AM, and we also stopped because my mom was hungry and wanted to get a breakfast sammich from McDonalds. At that point, I got another coffee.


I was unable to get to sleep until around 6:30 AM due to drinking all that caffeine!!! LOL

The next day I didn't really do anything. I made me some Thanksgiving donburi of sorts where I mixed rice and mashed potatoes together then put turkey on top and covered it with gravy. I love Thanksgiving leftovers. We ate Thanksgiving style food for 6 days, and pie for 3 days. The food was the best ever, I think.

OH! That reminds me. Right before Thanksgiving I cut my bangs again for winter:


I like having my hair cut this way due to my idea that it makes me look younger lol Also, it looks like Takanori Nishikawa's hairstyle back in 1999.

On Thursday we went out again but this time to the mall. I bought a gray plaid scarf and a "members only" jacket. Before the shopping, we went to a buffet for dinner. All the food was really tastey and I tried this new dessert called Oreo cheesecake and loved it.


Other than that, my past week has not been that eventful. We rested a little and worked a little around the house, and we plan on working on some moar things this upcoming week. Today we decorated the house for Xmas, which mainly consisted of putting a small little tree on display and a wreath on the door. Usually we put up a big tree in my family room and decorate the mantle over the fireplace, as well as put lights up outside, but this year we do not have time due to my leaving on January 2. Therefore, this shall have to do.


We are still planning a great deal of cooking, though...so yeah...


I have great news!!!




After 3 years, 4 months, 3 weeks and 6 days, I am finally getting my top braces off!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I shall post a picture the second I get home from the excursion~


Right now, I must go do 289578429 pushups. Stay kitteny.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿